Magento upgrades to 1.6 and 1.7 on the rise
Our Magento specialists have had to deal with a large increase in upgrades for the open source commerce platform of our choice.
A number of our existing clients websites have been upgraded to the latest version of Magento which has allowed them to take advantge of a new range of features
Some of the new features and improvements in the latest release include:
- New and improved layered navigation price bucket algorithm
- Captcha functionality added to some of the forms
- Base prices based on customer groups
- Auto generation of multiple coupon codes for a price rule
- System backup and rollback functionality
- VAT ID Validation
- Support for DHL Europe
- Indexers refactoring
- Redesigned Mobile theme
A number of new clients have also come to Roller to upgrade their old Magento platforms still running on version 1.3.1 to the stable 1.6 version which proved tricky but we were succesfuly able to do the upgrades to these Magento websites as well.
If you need advice on upgrading your Magento website to the latest stable version feel free to contact us on 0871 705 7000 and we can let you know the easiest and most cost effective solution.